Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a glorious day!

What a change a day can make! Today was/is just gorgeous out. The winds died down, we were ten degrees warmer, and sunny. This afternoon - kind of late afternoon - I mowed the back yard, planted more flowers and watered them all, mulched with some of the heavy grass in the yard, pulled weeds, trim around a few things, but our trimmer needs replacing. I want to share a new recipe you might all enjoy - super simple! Take one can of crescent rolls and put them on a cookie sheet - put two crescent shapes together to make a square - they kind of come out of the can that way. Place one or two slices of deli chicken or turkey or whatever meat you choose on top, top that with cheese- any kind will do - I used Havarti; fold the dough in half and seal with your fingers, then bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on them as they do brown quickly. Open a jar of chicken gravy - you could use a dry package, mix with water and heat up, and then pour over the rolls. They are very tasty and easy to make. I was just thinking you could also place leftover chili, or Sloppy Joes for another kind of meal. Everything is so green and lush right now! Thank you Lord for a beautiful day.

No comments: