Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New web site to try

Good morning on another cold winter morning. It is still dark out as I type this. I want to share a new web site : annies eats. The address is: http://annies-eats.com. It's a pretty site and has tons of recipes. As you have seen on my blog, I am connected to the foodie blog - which connects many food sites. When you click on the various contests or whatever you find on that box, you will be led to many neat sites. Tomorrow Lynn and I hope to travel to the cities and see the Titanic exhibit and Imax movie at the science museum. This is sort of my birthday present. They are forecasting snow and blowing snow, so if we need to, Saturday is our back-up day. Impact youth starts back up tonight, so I have that lesson plan to work on. Lynn is working around the farm most of the time this week. He continues carpentry work on the cabin of a friend, and he has our taxes to get ready for our CPA. One of our cows has not been feeling well the past week since she had her calf. Dr. Lang was out last week to check on her. Lynn thought it was Ketosis. Dr. Lang thought it could be a DA - twisted stomach. Finally yesterday, he could hear that it was, so he operated on her. It's been many, many years since we had that problem to deal with. Cold weather is hard on cows and a tough time for problems to come up. The guys also worked on firewood the other day. They got stuck trying to get to the woods across the creek. Heating with wood is sure a blessing!!! It feels so much warmer and the cost is labor. Congrats to Nate and Angie - they are expecting a baby next fall sometime. This will be their 4th.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Kris! Enjoy your trip to the cities. You will have a blast. And I hope the cow is doing better. Have missed reading about your adventures in the dairy state.
Blessings, Rachel