Monday, March 1, 2010

Updates

I forgot to mention that Leslie used a Betty Crocker cookbook recipe for the Blueberry pies. If you like Indian food, check out www.sanjeevkapoor.com. If you click on the Foodie roll link on my blog, there is a contest for a book give away by sanjeevkapoor. I made a new Chicken recipe for supper tonight. It called for whole wheat saltine crackers and Corn Flakes - about 20 crackers and 1 1/2 cups of the cereal. Well, I forgot to buy the Corn Flakes, so I used Special K. I put them both in the food processor along with Garlic salt - Garlic powder would have been better, Cayene - just a small amount, salt, and sesame seeds - a couple of TBSP. Then in another bowl, mix 2 egg whites, one TBSP of Dijon mustard, 1 cup yogurt - I used Greek. Dip the chicken first in the dry mix, then the yogurt mix. Place in shallow pans that have been sprayed with Pam or something similar, then bake @ 375 for about 45-50 minutes. I flipped them over for the last 10 minutes or so. They were very tasty!!! This is an Ellie Krieger recipe. I did do 12 minutes on the treadmill this afternoon. I did 30+ minutes last night. I should work my way up to every day, since I have not been faithful most of the winter.

No comments: