I took some pictures from around the yard to show how things have grown. I have never seen our yard so green especially in August. We have had a lot of rain all summer long. Our drought has eased considerably. Rivers and streams are full - we even had flooding, roads washed out and some bridges damaged last week due to heavy rains. We have water standing in the low spots in the front yard due to more rain this week. I did get the lawn mowed and it looks great! Lynn got the riding mower fixed - a bearing and bearing casing were cracked or broken, causing one blade to cut high, while the other one scraped the ground - it looked like a checker board - UGLY! I so enjoy having the mower working right. We got a break from the heat and humidity for a few days, but the humidity has returned and today the heat returns. It is to be 90 degrees tomorrow - Sunday, August 22. Some neighbors are digging up their root crops due to rotting or threat of rotting. Our Rhubarb plants look great - they are usually done this time of the summer. Apples are ready to pick - I made Apple crisp the other day.
No comments:
Post a Comment