Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall update

I am finally getting my blog updated some. Below are pictures I took when we visited our family in Boston in August, when we made a trip to Ill this summer and when I recently visited the kids, while Lynn was out west hunting. I also spent two days at our oldest daughters this fall. I did not take many pictures either of those trips so I need to get caught up on their family. Harvest is all done - crops turned out great this year. We had plenty of rain all summer - although August was a bit drier. It's been mostly dry this fall and we have had lovely weather. Even now at the end of October, our weather has been quite nice. No sign yet of cold or snowy weather. I managed to get the lawn mowed one last time of the season - maybe a bit too early, but it's done. I also put away all the garden decor. One sad note - our cat Baby Boo - did not show up one morning and has not been seen since. He was just about 20 years old, but did not seem in poor health that we could tell. We believe that some animal got him. He was much thinner than in his youth, and likely could not see or ear as well. Since he was not one to wander away from the yard,  we doubt that he did that now.  Lynn loved the hunting trip out west. It was a wonderful opportunity for him. He is back to farm work and carpentry!

No comments: