Tuesday, December 8, 2015


We purchased and decorated a tree on Saturday. I have narrowed down the ornaments the last year or so. When I was growing up we always had a real tree until I went off to college. My parents bought an artificial one that year. My brother and I went out and bought a real one to put in the basement that year. I don't remember if we did that every year after that until I got married or not. We have had a real tree in our home all 40 years but one. In 2009, we gathered at our daughter Katie's for Christmas since our daughter Leslie was about to give birth to Lydia. I bought a small prelit tree that we put in the dining room that year. I then used that tree at the library to decorate. We still like real trees despite the mess to clean up after. The decorating of the tree brings back memories as I hang the ornaments. Lynn helped me decorate this year - the first time ever I think. 

No comments: