Tuesday, February 2, 2016


Ted Dekker has been a favorite author of mine for years. His books are not the typical Christian fiction fluff. His books are often dark and make you think. Now his daughter Rachelle has written the first in a series. I just finished reading The Choosing. It is about a society where girls are either chosen as brides, or go to work for the society. Carrington is the main character and she was not chosen as a bride, but now has been chosen as the bride of the head of the society as his wife has just died. At first she is thrilled, but as she is exposed to a man called Aaron and his message to those who risk sneaking out at night to hear him. Those who are caught are jailed or even killed to be silenced. Carrington begins to realize her future husband is not the man she thought he was and  even has his own daughter killed because of her faith in Aaron. Carrington has also fallen in love with one of the city guards. In the end they risk sneaking off from the city and to the faith they both share. 
Her next book is called The Calling. Her first book makes you think - would I be as willing to risk my life for my faith? Do I believe that I am chosen and beautiful? Do I put my value based on those around me and what they think?

No comments: