Saturday, January 16, 2010
Beautiful Day
It was a gorgeous day today - temps were finally in the upper 30's. A year ago this past week was the miracle on the Hudson. I remember that because I was driving down to Marshfield to spend a day with Katie and Emma. It was like minus 20 or 30 degrees. As I drove, I was hearing the accounts of the plane going down. We watched the news coverage of the rescue - which poor Emma had to watch when she really wanted to watch her own shows. We went to the Dells the next day and it was so COLD. Try shopping in the outlet sometime when it's minus 20. The stores are warm, but the walk to each one is more or less out in the open. Anyway, today was the just the opposite. The sun came out about 9:30 and melted more snow. The roads are drying off. I thought about getting the car washed - again - but every time I try, there is a long line - at the Kwik Trip one anyway. Maybe tomorrow after church. I finished the book by Marcia Muller. It was different than the others in her Sharon McCone series, but good. Lynn worked on taxes today - the living room is full of papers to prove it. I used my juicer today - grapes and blueberries. Neither has alot of juice in them, but it was good. I hope to try more recipes and see which ones I really like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment