Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finally summer

Boy, I can hardly believe it's been over a month since I last updated my blog! It's been a very busy spring and summer. I spent much of May, when not at work, cleaning out flower beds and getting them planted. I wanted them to be done before Memorial weekend when I made my first trip of the summer down to Rock River Christian camp. I spent a long week there so I could attend Kylie's kindergarten graduation program. I made another trip down there this past weekend to help with the girls. Camp is in full swing now. We even got to swim for 2 hours in the pool. Lydia, who is nearly 6 months, can sit on her own, crawl, and pull herself up on the sofa. Natalie is still a strong willed challenge for them @ a year and a half. Kylie attended her first overnight @ camp this weekend - Teddy Bear camp #1. Leslie stayed with her in the cabin. We had some severe weather move through on Friday which changed some of the schedule at the camp. Emma will be turning 6 in July, so we will make a trip down for that. Katie seems to be feeling good - I have not seen her since Easter!!! We did see Vanessa and Oliver two weeks ago when they flew in for her sister Adrian's high school graduation open house on the home farm. Lynn and I drove over for the day. Oliver is doing so well and is such a sweetie. The weather has been rainy which is good - we need to replenish the river and streams around here. Crops look good. We had a good first crop. It's a bit warm and humid today. Feels like summer. Sun is now setting at nearly 9pm. Have a great day all!!!

No comments: