Saturday, August 17, 2013
August Summer Day
It has been well over a year since I last posted on my blog. It's time I get back to sharing with family and friends.
It is a lovely, sunny, summer day - we could use rain. Flowers got watered as we need rain.
Here is a photo of corn as of August 17th. It looks great. We pray that rain will fall but more importantly, that frost will hold off until later this fall so the crop will make it to ripe corn. We no longer have dairy cows on the farm and no longer need corn silage or haylage. We are raising crops to sell. We are grateful for the crop we have.
The flowers I watered look really pretty. I want to keep them looking good through the fall months.
Our granddaughter Lydia was in a wedding this afternoon. Here are two pictures - her mother Leslie curling her hair with crayons, and Lydia all ready for the big event. Her dad,Dan, performed the ceremony for the couple.
We never know what lies ahead, but we know who holds the future!! May we appreciate each day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment