Saturday, May 7, 2016

Spring Planting, concerts and grandkids

This is such a busy time of year - planting crops, flowers, concerts, school events, mowing the lawn, on and on.....It's such a great time of year.


Cole and Emma visited us recently and I took Cole to Sunday School class. Jerry and Beth were the teachers. Emma went with Lynn to his adult class. They are at a fun age to visit. Lots of things to do. Emma brought her softball gear along. Lynn took the kids fishing and we met with their Tucker grandparents in town for pizza. 


We attended Emma's last elementary school orchestra concert earlier this week and while there, the kids had gotten hanging baskets for both me and their Grandma Tucker. Cole said the purple one was for me - Grandma Tucker got red. So pretty!!


The apple tree above is our oldest apple tree and has started to blossom today.

Below is my Herb garden. I planted that today - 5/7. I also have two tomato plants and one pepper plant. I moved them this year to be sure no disease would attack the plants in the former spot. 




The photo above is of a young Honey Crisp tree we got from a nephew who loves to grow Apple trees. It started to bloom today. 
Below is a picture from the recent trip to Emma and Cole. We try to make S'Mores anytime the grandchildren are visiting. Tradition!!!!


The picture below is of Emma before her final elementary orchestra concert. 




Greg and Vanessa sent me two miniature Hydrangeas, a small Calla Lily, and another small plant along with a cute box. I put the Lily and small plant in the box, while the Hydrangeas are now in the patio flower bed. 



Above is the new paint on our walls in the family room and dining room. It's been way too long since I last painted. Now they are fresh and everything is dusted and vacuumed for now. 


Above is the planting box and flowers I received as a gift. I love it!!!


When Emma and Cole were visiting, Lynn enjoyed table games with the kids - mostly Emma. He enjoys that so much!! Emma is a good player. Cole tends to ignore all rules and does his own thing. 

Lynn is busy planting the fields to Soybeans. The corn was planted down at a neighbor's yesterday. I have mowed the lawn one time and am starting all over again. I still have trim work to finish the first time. I have started planting flowers and Herbs. More to do.....

No comments: